Discharge Planning OT for Veterans

Enhance OT accepts DVA Health Cards (Gold and White) as payment on receiving a suitable referral. 


Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP)


Allied health is supplied under the DVA Department of Veterans Affairs Rehabilitation Appliance Program to eligible card holders.

More information on DVA’s Rehabilitation Appliance Program services can be found at the website link below.

Rehabilitation Appliances Program (RAP)

Who can refer?


GP General Practioner


Hospital discharge team (including OT, Physio, Nurses) 


Link to DVA Discharge Planning Resource Guide




When card holder is admitted as an inpatient OT service is supplied by hospital. 

Hospital staff can check the discharge planning guidelines for referrals to support safe discharge.


Planning for Discharge

When card holder is discharged from hospital, the Rehabilitation Appliance Program supplies OT service. Hospital or GP will need to provide written referral for card holder to claim their OT services.

See link to DVA D0904 form.




Gold or white card holders will need a referral from the clinical staff involved in discharge, the General Practioner, LMO or Specialist.

The referral should be on letter head and cite the condition to be treated.

Alternatively, LMO can complete and sign the standard form.

See link to DVA D0904 form


Useful Links and Resources

The Department of Veterans Affairs supply a detailed Discharge Planning guide on their website. 


DVA Discharge Planning Resource Guide:



DVA Referral Request Form: