Aged Care OT Adelaide
Age Care Occupational Therapy includes services which address home safety, recovery from illness, hospital discharge and fall prevention.
In South Australia, Enhance OT age care services are long established providers of occupational therapy. Services may include once off assessment for home saftey or more long term treatment for chronic conditions.
Occupational Therapists will "assess" the current function of the client. An OT will then provide an assessment report to the medical team including any recommendations for any supports.
When a third party is funding a support service or equipment, an OT assessment is required. The Occupational Therapist will "review" the function of person and provide clinical justification for short or long term supports.
OT age care referrals are accepted from:
- General Practice
- Home Care Package Providers
- Hospital discharge planners
- Self-funded patients
- Residential care facilities
- Outpatient referral services
- Specialists including orthopaedic or oncologist
- Physiotherapist, Podiatrists & Speech Pathologists
- Psychologists and mental health care workers
- Compensable bodies
- Legal representatives
Funding for OT age care services is available from:
- Department of Veterans Affairs - Gold & White Card holders with referral
- Home Age Care Packages
- Medicare GP Management Plans
- Private Health Extras
Our client service team can assist with information about referral guidelines and any out of pocket costs. Call 8276 3355 for discussion about referrals & services.
Discharge Planning OT Services
Medicare Funded OT
DVA Referrals for OT Adelaide
OT Referrals Adelaide
What is an OT?
Home Visit OT
What is ACAT?